Brady Lake Park in Brady Lake, Ohio

Brady Lake Electric Park

Brady Lake was developed as an amusement resort early in 1891 by A.G. Kent, who had purchased several tracts of land on the east and north sides a short time before. He erected a two-story dance pavilion; a bath house was erected by the Donaghy brothers. On June 11, the park was opened. and several thousand persons attended despite the unfavorable weather. In addition to the pavilion and bath house, attractions at the park included a switch back railway, a pony track, a 75-passenger steamer, 40 new row boats, and a toboggan slide (roller coaster). Excursions were run to the lake over the Nypano and P.& W. Railways.